PhotoModeler Scanner provides the tools for you to create accurate, high quality 3D models and measurements from photographs. PhotoModeler Scanner is capable of performing many modeling and measuring tasks, and differs from the base PhotoModeler product by its ability to scan photo pairs to produce dense point cloud and meshed surfaces.
PhotoModeler Scanner has all the capabilities of the PhotoModeler product plus the capability to do Dense Surface Modeling (DSM). PhotoModeler Scanner also includes, as part of the packaged price, the Coded Target and Idealize modules.
Dense Surface Modeling is used in any application where a large number of 3D points are needed. The surfaces being modeled need a natural or random texture (or that texture can be applied or projected). Most applications where a laser scanner works, DSM will work also.
Some DSM applications are:
- Architecture and Preservation: obtain a dense surface cloud of a stone wall or structure; capture the detail in a building facade.
- Archeological digs: get a dense cloud of points of stratified dig surfaces; non-contact scans of artifacts.
- Museum / curatorial: non-contact surface scans of bas-reliefs, masks, and some statues.
- Forensics: 3D scans of bite marks; 3d surface scans of tire marks and foot imprints in soil and wet sand.
- Mining, Excavation and Geotechnical: surface models of open pit mine faces, cliffs, exposed rock characteristics; models of slag heaps and stockpiles; volcano monitoring.
- Civil Engineering: models of cuts and fills in road work; models, surfaces and measurements of stock piles; sand dune surveys for erosion monitoring.
- Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Measurement: surface shape of manufactured parts (using a projected random pattern); modeling deformation of fabrics and gossamer materials.
- Medicine: 3D scans of skin surface for body morphological measurements; point clouds and surfaces of a child’s back with scoliosis.
- Film and animation: scan sets and objects for modeling; help produce highly accurate bump maps of real surfaces.
See the Applications and Examples page to view projects completed with PhotoModeler Scanner. View the Introductory Tutorial Video to see how a simple DSM project is run.
PhotoModeler Scanner contains the powerful VRMesh Reverse Library so no separate point cloud, meshing, filtering, clean up tool is required. PhotoModeler Scanner contains everything you need to go from photographs to completed triangulated meshes ready for export.